If you’re looking for a unique and friendly student community at an affordable price, Taos Co-op is for you.
Located on Guadalupe directly across from campus, Taos rent starts at just $817 for a private room with a meal plan. Taos is a cooperative, which means residents collectively manage and maintain the building. Residents also get voting rights in community decisions (including the meal plan menu!). In other words, we’re housing “for students, by students!” If you’ve been missing a great student experience, contact us and learn more about Taos Co-op today.
What Makes Taos Co-op a Great Place to Live:
- Location: On Guadalupe Street, directly across from the UT-Austin campus.
- Cost: Base rent for a private room is just $817, which includes a meal plan. The base rent of shared (double) rooms is just $605.
- Co-op Community: With our cooperative model and a friendly, open culture, odds are you will find dozens of new friends among your neighbors. If you’ve been missing a great student experience, you’ll find it here!
- Eligibility: Taos Cooperative is open to:
- Enrolled college students (6 credits or more)
- Higher education faculty and staff
- Recent graduates (people who have graduated from high school or attended college in the last 5 years)
- Sound interesting? Please give us a call or email us to learn more!
Features and Amenities:
- Private or shared bedrooms with shared en suite bathroom
- Laundry on site
- Shared community kitchen with meal plan. Our meal plan can save you hundreds on food costs and avoid trips to the grocery store. Meal plan included for all residents.
- Room furnished with bed, desk, and dresser (optional)
- Fast Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Fourth floor sundeck overlooking campus
- Study lounge
- Game room
- TV room
- Exercise space with weights
- Easy and free online application
- Multiple units available for the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 school year. Move-in dates are flexible.
- Flat-rate utilities include water, gas, trash, electricity & high-speed internet for just $100. Total rent: $917 (private room), $705 (double room).
- All residents contribute 4-6 hours per week of shared house chores
- All residents have voting privileges at regular house meetings
- COVID safety policies are based on the local situation in Austin. In Stage 2 or below, most restrictions are lifted.
- Cats and other small pets are allowed with preapproval by leasing office. Dogs are not allowed.
- Parking available for $125 per semester
- No need to move out – we will be open through Thanksgiving and winter break!