Located on Guadalupe directly across from campus, Taos is a cooperative or “co-op” residence. At a co-op, residents are empowered to collectively manage and maintain the building with support from our professional staff. Residents also get voting rights in community decisions (including the meal plan menu!) and house rules. Best of all, Taos has affordable rent of $590 per month for a shared room or $802 per month for a private room. This rate includes a generous student-run meal plan!
If you’ve been missing a great student experience, contact us and learn more about Taos Co-op today.
Location: On Guadalupe Street, directly across from the UT-Austin campus.
Cost: Base rent for a private room is just $802, which includes a meal plan. The base rent of shared (double) rooms is just $590.
Flat-rate utilities are $115 per month, including high-speed Internet.
Co-op Community: With our cooperative model and a friendly, open culture, odds are you will find dozens of new friends among your neighbors. If you’ve been missing a great student experience, you’ll find it here!
Eligibility: Taos Cooperative is open to college students enrolled in 6 credit hours or more. Students at any Austin-area college or community college are welcome!
Sound interesting? Please give us a call or email us to learn more!
– Private or shared bedrooms with shared en suite bathroom
– Laundry on site
– Shared community kitchen with meal plan. Our meal plan can save you hundreds on food costs and avoid trips to the grocery store. Meal plan included for all residents.
– Room furnished with bed, desk, and dresser (optional)
– Fast Wi-Fi throughout the building
– Fourth floor sundeck overlooking campus
– Study lounge
– Game room
– TV room
– Exercise space with weights
– Easy and free online application
– Multiple units available. We welcome January-May short-term leases!
– Flat-rate utilities include water, gas, trash, electricity & high-speed internet for just $115. Total rent: $917 (private room), $705 (double room).
– All residents contribute 4-6 hours per week of shared house chores
– All residents have voting privileges at regular house meetings
– COVID safety policies are based on the local situation in Austin. In Stage 2 or below, most restrictions are lifted.
– Cats and other small pets are allowed with pre-approval by leasing office. Dogs are not allowed.
– Parking available for additional cost.
– No need to move out — we will be open through Thanksgiving and winter break!