Texas is making strides in their effort to return to normal after Governor Abbott lifted the state-wide mask mandate and increased capacity for all businesses and facilities to 100%. However, at Regents West, the ultimate off-campus living experience in West Campus, we feel the path to safely reopening is ongoing and there are still uncertainties we must understand.
As we closely monitor guidance from healthcare experts, Regents West is bucking the trend and maintaining our COVID-19 precautionary measures. We feel our efforts support the University of Texas and their continuous commitment to keeping campus safe, and that our precautionary measures align with UT’s “Stage 3: Ultralow Density” open status.
For us, protecting the health and safety of our community is our highest priority. “We love our residents here at Regents West. Our team feels that providing a safe environment and giving residents and their family’s peace of mind about where they live is the best way to show how much we care” said Maggie Gorton, Regents West Community Director.
Here’s 10 ways Regents West is protecting the health and well-being of our community:
1. Obsessed with hygiene: We have enhanced cleaning procedures for high-touch surfaces throughout workspaces, vacant apartment homes, and common areas.
2. Keeping our distance: Our amenity spaces are open by appointment only to ensure capacity limits are maintained, and we require everyone in our community to keep 6 feet of distance from anyone outside their household.
3. Face coverings: Out of consideration for others nearby, face coverings are required in all common areas.
4. Contactless support: Getting in touch with our team has never been easier! We’re available via Zoom, FaceTime, Phone, and Email. At this time, our leasing office is closed to the public, but we’re committed to assisting our customers from a safe distance.
5. Online all the time: Our online portal allows for easy 24/7 access and offers a range of solutions – from paying rent to submitting a request for repairs in your home, and staying updated on community happenings.
6. Touring on your terms: Whether you want to visit in-person, tour via video call, or view our prerecorded virtual tours at your own leisure, we guarantee everyone can tour with comfort.
7. Moving in: Each apartment home receives individualized attention by our maintenance team and vendor partners before a resident moves in, including a thorough cleaning, maintenance tune-up, paint refresh, and flooring repairs as needed.
8. Health questionnaire: To reduce risk during maintenance requests, a team member will ask two COVID-19 precautionary screening questions before entering a resident’s home.
9. PPE: Our team and all vendor partners are required to wear PPE at all times. This includes masks, gloves, goggles, and other PPE as the situation requires.
10. Virtual events: We recognize the profound impact COVID-19 has had on everyone’s lifestyles. To help, we’re bringing unique experiences right to residents’ screens! From game nights to on-demand fitness classes and painting workshops, we are constantly planning new socially distant events for our residents!
We are encouraged by President Hartzell’s announcement that UT is planning for a “near normal” fall semester, and our team plans to stay apprised of guidance from healthcare experts and adjust our business practices accordingly to safely reopen our community.
As you plan for the 2021 school year, check out our community at RegentsWestCampus.com. Your money goes farther at Regents West with our oversized bedrooms, premier amenities and jaw-dropping rates!
The Team at Regents West